Translate

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

About Me

Well...to start, this is an assignment through my alternative certification agency. Second, I have tried blogging before with little success.  My last entry was 2009.

This is a requirement so here goes.

I have a degree in Social Work and my LBSW, for what it's worth.  Just over a year ago I decided to get out of Mental Health, after 7 years, and try something new.  I did a lot of thinking about the field of teaching and my own strengths and weaknesses.  After much deliberation and studying I took my content exams.  I passed.  Then I attended the the summer session for certification. Everything was going well and I felt great.

Fast forward to now.  No one said it would be easy, infact they all said, 'the first year is the toughest, the first year is the worst!'  So far this fall, teaching a Special Education Class for Emotionally Disturbed students, has been the toughest job I have ever had.  Parenthood is/was nothing compaired to teacherhood. 


3 comments:

  1. The Emotionally Disturbed Child is a well put together piece! Thanks for sharing! ~ Summer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very informative. I, too, am a Special Ed Teacher. Thank you for blogging about this subject.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very informative. I, too, am a Special Ed Teacher. Thank you for blogging about this subject.

    ReplyDelete